To submit your resume, please send to email@example.com.
Please note job title in subject line.
Vice President, Design and Construction
Title: Vice President
Department: Design and Construction
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Design and Construction
Function: The Vice President of Design and Construction is responsible for overseeing design and construction projects, including renovations and new construction of hotel assets, for a private equity company with an investment portfolio of more than 100 hotel assets. The Vice President of Design and Construction will establish benchmarks and monitor assigned projects to ensure completion in a cost-effective and timely manner. The incumbent will coordinate and oversee a team composed of internal and external stakeholders and vendors. The position requires extensive travel throughout the U.S. and to Cancun, Mexico.
- Works closely with and manages Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers on assigned projects.
- Independently oversees new construction, $10-50+ million in renovations, disaster remediation and speculative development assessments for assigned domestic projects.
- Scopes, schedules and problem-solves for assigned properties in the company’s real estate portfolio (both domestic and international).
- Strong understanding of entitlements, regulatory and development process.
- Develops and manages project budgets and capital expenditure projects.
- Assists in all aspects of the physical due diligence process for new acquisitions and prepares capital expenditure plan for potential acquisitions
- Executes Furniture, Fixture, and Equipment (FF&E) procurement and installation.
- Assists in maintaining databases of vendors and contracts.
- Prepares financial analyses for development projects.
- Coordinates multi-disciplinary teams for development projects.
- Negotiates agreements with third parties, including vendors and contract managers and manages purchasing agents, general managers, asset managers and other owner entities as necessary to execute projects.
- Requires up to 75% travel
- Extensive knowledge of construction, lodging, and real estate development
- Extensive experience in scoping, cost-estimating, budgeting, scheduling and organizing large multi-functional teams (project managers, architects, contractors, consultants and stakeholders).
- Thorough knowledge of Physical Condition Assessments and Environmental Site Assessments. Must be able to determine and assess associated risk and prepare summary level information for use by risk manager.
- Strong familiarity and project experience with major brands such as Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, and Choice Hotels, among others.
- Experience in negotiating construction, contract formats, vendor and similar agreements and contract monitoring.
- Skilled acquirer of hotels, such that there is a steady churn of assets requiring take-over, redevelopment, and repositioning, typically in the annual volume range of 100mil+ per year.
- Must have strategic business sense and demonstrate the ability to analyze and reorganize business processes, organizational charts, and vendor relationships.
- Experience managing multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Excellent writing and organizational skills, with the ability to produce high quality reports in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of MS Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability work closely with junior team members and motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or an equivalent certificate and experience.
- Graduate Degree in architecture, engineering, business, real estate or related fields are strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 15-20+ years of hospitality redevelopment/construction, with the past 5-7 years in a portfolio level and specific knowledge of lodging brand requirements.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.